CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

don't you wish that somedays you can just turn back time and be a kid again? i wish for it so much. i wish i could go back and change a lot of the stuff that i did in the past. The one thing that i wish the most, is that i wish i would have concentrated or exceled while i was in highschool. i know for fact that if i had, i probably would have done something with my life sooner. the things my dad used tell me, he would always say don't do this and don't do that. i know now, that he was right. i wish i would have listened to him. he would always say i've been through it, so listen to me. i would never listen. i always ended up doing the opposite of what my dad would tell me. i was a bad kid. i gave my dad so much grief. i regret it. it stuns me to think about my past, and think that i used to do some really stupid things.

the other day i was sitting at my computer and my eyes happened to focus on a picture of my mom and i. she was holding my hand. it brought back a rush a memories. i remember in the evening times my mom and i would sit outside. texas was always humid. i would run around bare foot, playing with the boys, climbing on those nut trees. most of my summers were spent in those trees. we would sit there and crack them nuts and eat it. there wasn't anything to worry about, because of course, we were just kids. at night time, i remember chasing after fire flies. those are probably my best memories. every time i see a fire fly, it reminds me of texas, and my mother. gawd, if only we can go back to a time that is the most memorable and happiest.......

yeserday, i received a voicemail. i checked it and to my surprise, it was a guy calling from vh1. this is what he said:
hi this may sound like a weird question, but i'm looking for (my name). ummmm, my name is pat smith, and i'm a producer at vh1, the music channel. uhhhhh....we are doing a show on missy elliot and she listed you as one of her friends growing up, now of course you may or may not be the (my name) she was talking about but you are the only one we've been able to find. ummmm i was wondering if you can give me a call back at (the number) either way just to let me know if we are barking up the wrong tree or if we are right, i just want to talk to you about missy and the show we are doing and want to know if you want to be involved, but yeah please give me call back either way so we can figure this out.

i about fell out of my seat when i heard this message. i called the number back, but told him that i probably wasn't the person he was looking for. i asked him where missy elliot grew up and he said in virginia and i told him that i've lived in texas, new mexico, and arizona. he said that i probably wasn't the person and we said our goodbyes. i've been thinking about it and most of my friends that i had in texas were african american. i wonder if she was one of em? does any one know missy elliots real name?

0 comments: