CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 27, 2002

i'm actually here at work. it feels weird being here during the day. usually i'm at school around this time. this is probably the last day i can come in for work during the day this week. next week i will have to go back to my regular schedule of school and work. blah. i dread it, but i know i have to do it.

awwwww.....i had such a wonderful time during my visit at my dad's house. we left from phoenix on monday, december 23. i slept in that morning and we didn't leave until 1pm. it was such a boring drive. flagstaff was actually clear. i was surprised, but as i passed flagstaff to go into leupp i ran into the most horrific weather. i was panicing for a bit. there was so much snow! the roads were snow packed. i made my way through bird spring, indian wells, dilcon, greasewood, ganado, and st. michaels. dang. it was crazy. i was just about to make a turn back to winslow and get on the free way. i didn't know that it was snowing that bad that way. i should have looked at the weather report for those areas. my dad was so worried. brian and i had turned our cell phones off because we were on roaming, i guess all that time my dad was trying to figure out where we were and if we were alright. i'm so happy we made it through all that snow!

on christmas day every one woke up and we were ready to open all the packages that were under the tree. i got a turquoise bracelet, a pendelton blanket, turquoise earrings and matching necklace, a fondue set, bath and body works stuff, and of course candy. i also cooked our christmas dinner. i cooked for a family of 10! i started around 10 am and was finished by 4:30 pm. this was my menu for my christmas dinner:

baked 3 pies
turkey
ham
green been casserole
fruit salad
candied yams
mashed potatoes
potato salad
turkey gravy
stuffing
biscuits
salad
mutton stew
fry bread
cranberry sauce

and i did this all by myself. i was a cooking fool. i was so tired by the time we were ready to eat. I actually had the energy to go tubing at my grandma and grandpa's house in coalmine. it was the best. i felt like i was a little kid again. i flipped off that inner tube so many times because my sister's boyfriend had made a huge jump at the end of the hill we were sliding on. it was cold but that didn't mattter because i was with my family.....i can't wait until next christmas...

0 comments: