CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

my weekend was boring. i didn't do much, really. on saturday, i had the unfortunate task of trying to look for a rim for my car. a while back, i hit a curb and dented one of my rims. Taking my car on the freeway is so annoying because i could feel a vibration when i'm driving 70 mph. i took it in to make sure it wasn't my alignment or wheel balance. my car has manufactured alloy rims. i was driving around south side on a saturday afternoon. i ended up on broadway where all the salvage yards were. i cannot believe there is only one place on that whole strip of junk that sold used rims! they told me that they had one in stock, but by the time they got back to me, they said that it was in white. so, i left and i called the car dealer and asked them how much it would cost for one of my rims. they told me $357 for one freaking rim. i almost had a heart attack. i wasn't going to buy one rim for $357 dollars so i drove my ass to a discount tire shop and bought me all 4 new rims for $328 dollars. i didn't want to spend that kind of money, but i know that i didn't want to drive back home with a bent rim either.

yesterday, on labor day, brian was sick to his stomach. i didn't realize he was that sick until he woke me up the second time that night. i guess through his sleepless night, he managed to take almost all the tums and drank most of the pepto bismal. i just thought he had a stomach ache or was constipated, but after the second time he woke me up, i took a really good look at him and noticed that he looked pale. i asked him what was wrong and he said that the lower part of his stomach was hurting, so i jumped out of bed and rushed him to the hospital. it was 2:00 in the morning when i rushed him out the door. i took him to the emergeny room and he was called right away. i was a nervous wreck. i didn't know what to expect and i didn't want anything to happen to brian. i probably waited 3 hrs and i finally asked the lady at the front desk what was going on with brian. she told me to knock on the door to ask the doctors. they told me i could go see him. i was shaking and i was so frightened to see him. as i walked down the hall i turned to my left and there he was. he was laying in a hospital gown with an iv in his arm. i asked him what was wrong, he didn't know. the doctors really didn't know what was wrong with him. they took x-rays of his abdomen, drew some blood, took his blood pressure, gave him some feel good medicine and stuck him with an iv. the day before, brian had the bright idea of walking piestewa peak with his brother. i told him not to try and walk that death of a mountain, but he didn't listen. the doctors told him that could be a possibility of why he was cramping so much. brian doesn't exercise much and that walk up there must have drained him of all his fluids. the other possiblity could be appendicitis. they told me to monitor him and see if he has anymore pain in the next few days. hopefully, it is nothing to worry about...

0 comments: